SSAB Juried Student Art Show Submission 2021
The theme for this year’s Juried Student Art Show is Restoring and Redefining the Body. How are we connected through our physical experiences? How do these experiences, individual and universal, shape our conceptions of the body, ourselves, and the world? The 2021 Student Juried Art show expands on the ideas present in the Spencer Museum’s exhibition Healing, Knowing and Seeing the Body by exploring how we undergo restoration after mental and physical hardship, and how these experiences can help us redefine our perceptions of the body and mind.
This year's show will take place virtually on the Spencer Museum's website. Please submit works of art that relate to the theme Restoring and Redefining the Body in 2D, 3D, or video. Only students enrolled at the University of Kansas and Haskell Indian Nations University are eligible to submit work. Submissions are eligible for $1,000 in prizes with support from the Jack and Lavon Brosseau Student Education Fund.
- Submission deadline: April 19 at Midnight
- Students notified of acceptance: April 23
- Exhibition opens online: May 3
- Each artist is allowed up to three entries. Please complete all fields for each entry.
- Because this show will take place virtually on the Spencer Museum's website, keep in mind the photos you upload will be how your work appears to viewers. If you submit multiple views for an artwork, please indicate which image you would like to appear online if your work is selected.
- If you submit a video work, please include a link to an online location that is publicly shareable.